STACEY R BALL
Seeking Professional Advice? Schedule a Consultation
BNN BUSINESS DAY PM JULY 14, 2016
Stacey Ball discusses the latest Supreme Court of Canada decision that affects thousands of workers and employers in non-unionized federally-regulated sectors.
Canadian Lawyer Magazine, July 18 2016 – SCC decision reverses Federal Court of Appeal ruling on federally regulated employees.
Canadian Lawyer and Law Times Article – Landmark SCC decision heralded as victory for federally regulated employees.
Watch Mr. Ball making a winning argument before the entire Supreme Court of Canada
Supreme Court of Canada Joseph Wilson v. Atomic Energy of Canada Limited – Webcast of the Hearing on 2016-01-19
BNN MONEY TALK: February 17, 2016
Job cuts mount as companies struggle to stay alive through the recession in Alberta. And the trend is that layoffs will continue. “Know your rights,” says Stacey Ball, Employment lawyer at Ball Professional Corporation.
Global News November. 23, 2015
A Toronto company is inviting legal trouble with an ad specifically seeking female applicants because the job involves receptionist work, says Stacey Ball.
ITWC Talks Published on July 24, 2014
Rafael Ruffolo sits down with Stacey Ball, an employment lawyer with Ball & Associates.
Contract ruling could be ‘significant’ – Ontario employers who breach fixed term employment contracts are obliged to pay employees full wages and benefits for the unexpired portion of the contract.
Canadian Employment Law
Mr. Ball is author of the authoritative and definitive text Canadian Employment Law - published by Canada Law Book (a division of Thomson Reuters). The text is used and cited by lawyers, law schools and judges across Canada.
To order Mr. Ball's Canadian Employment Law please visit the Carswell Store by clicking here or on the button below.
- Canadian Employment Law, Canada Law Book (a division of Thomson Reuters). This is the most comprehensive and authoritative employment law treatise in Canada. The publication cites approximately 6500 precedents and is used by lawyers, law schools and judges across Canada. Canadian Employment Law has been cited and quoted by superior courts in every Canadian province, as well as the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Peer reviewer and referee for the Queen’s Law Journal (2010).
- Canadian Cases on Employment Law (Carswell): Assistant Editor since 1991 of the main law report in Canada on employment law.
- Dismissal and Employment Law Digest, (Canada Law Book): Editorial Board member, 1989 until 1991.
- Published Articles: Over 15 in journals such as the McGill Law Journal, The Advocates’ Quarterly, and The Advocate. Articles have been cited and quoted by both Canadian jurists and other writers.
McGill law Journal Article – Stacey Reginald Ball, “Bad Faith Discharge” (1994), 39 McGill L.J. 568